Well Hello...

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Stephen Schuster. I have been in IT for, well, a long time. I have done a bit of everything but my focus has always been in MS and in programming.

Currently I am a manager for an IT Department of a Cargo Air Carrier in Wilmington, OH. We have deployed a server farm sharepoint wss3.0 implementation that I felt deserved a blog.

Over the past year we have deployed just about every piece of Sharepoint from single server environments to multi-server farms. Reporting Services (Integrated mode), Forms Services, EXCEL Services, Project Server 2007 ans a ton more.

We have extranet configurations and a really unique site configuration where each Department has it's own Content Database (database was unified under a single Content DB and was in the hundreds of Gig's). We went through the process of extracting sites and importing them, including the MySites as well.

Sooooo... This blog will be about that. I'll try to post solutions to real-worl business problems that we encountered and how we solved them. Hopefully it will help someone out.

Comments

Babu Adores said…
Hi Stephen, this is Babu from HealthPlan Services. Currently I'm working as SharePoint Administrator in HPS and I'm from Chennai, India. I need one detail regarding SharePoint 2010 Ratings SharePoint sites. I know that you have configured every part in HPS SharePoint. Currently I'm in need of the Passphrase of the Secure store service application. Due to some changes in the managed accounts the Secure store service app got broken. We need the passphrase to get it rectified. Please reply to me when u see this message. I've send connection from LinkedIn to connect with you. Please accept that and connect with me. If not u can call me at this mobile number +91 8668062593.

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint Timesheet Solution - Part 1

Missing Download as a Snapshot, so am I!